RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Flotation devices such as tubes, rafts, swimming aides, etc..., will not be allowed in the water with the exception of United States Coast Guard (USCG) certified Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) according to type (I, II, III), size, and buoyancy. All PFDs must be in a serviceable condition prior to use. Any child 12 years of age or younger wearing an approved PFD must be accompanied by an Adult in the water at all times.
2. No snorkels, swim fins, scuba gear are allowed in the water.
3. No pets or any other animals, with exception of service animals, are allowed on the beach property or in the water during hours of operation.
4. Sharp or breakable objects are not allowed on the beach or in the water.
5. Playing with, in or around lifeboats, surfboards or other emergency equipment is strictly forbidden.
6. There will be no fishing in designated swim areas.
7. Operation, launching or landing of motorized boats, motorized watercraft, etc. is not permitted on the facility. Launching of non-motorized watercraft allowed only in designated areas.
8. Games of catch can be halted at the discretion of the beach staff for safety reasons.
9. Throwing or kicking of sand, rocks, sticks and/or any rough or dangerous play on the beach or in the water is prohibited.
10. Any person destroying or damaging beach or recreation and park property will be held accountable.
11. Bicycles, motorcycles, or any type of automobile are not allowed on the beach.
12. Swimmers must keep inside marked swimming areas.
13. Water shall be cleared during electrical and other storms.
14. All accidents, thefts, etc., shall be reported to beach staff immediately.
15. The Town is not responsible for personal articles left on the beach.
16. No solicitation is allowed without a special concession permit from the Town of Hudson - Executive Assistant.
17. The consumption or possession of intoxicating beverages and/or narcotics is prohibited on Town Property.
18. Open fires are strictly prohibited on park property.
19. The use of threatening, abusive, insulting, or indecent language, as well as any obscene or indecent act, including fighting, is strictly prohibited.
20. Restrictions apply to the sale of Non-Resident Day and Season Passes, as determined seasonally by the Park Commission.
21. No Smoking on Beach or any municipal-owned and/or municipal-maintained parks, trails, and athletic fields. This is a campus wide regulation and includes the Beach Parking lot as well. Violators are subject to $100.00 minimum fine. Board of Health regulation adopted February 2014.
22. No grilling allowed without written approval from Hudson Recreation.
23. No Littering.
24. Use of framed or canopy style
tents is prohibited without written approval from Hudson Recreation.
25. Staking into, digging or disturbing any grass areas is strictly prohibited.
26. Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied and supervised by an adult, at all times.
27. Access to beach property only allowed between 6am and 9pm. Violators subject to trespassing.
28. Day passes sold, have no cash value and cannot be credited towards season passes.
Violations of any of the above rules will result in suspension of the violators rights to enter or use the beach for a certain time to be set by the Recreation Division depending on the violation.
The Park Commission reserves the right to update and or alter rules and regulations at any time.
Amended by P.C.- July 15, 2002 to include motorized crafts and surrounding Town property.
Amended by P.C. – September 20, 2011 to include #20 – No Smoking on Beach
Amended by P.C. – May 21, 2013, #1 – Floatation Devices (Christian’s Law)
Revised July 1, 2014 to be in compliance with Board of Health regulations - #20
Amended by P.C. – August 5, 2014 - #2 – remove prohibiting masks.
Amended by P.C – May 19, 2017 – Grammatical changes
Amended by P.C – May 30, 2018 – Old rule #20 renumbered to #21. New Rule #20 added
Amended by P.C. – June 1, 2021:
-Added “with exception of service animals”, #3
-Added “property”, #3
-Added “Launching of non-motorized watercraft allowed only in designated areas #7
-Replace “land” with “property”, #10
-Changed “Bathers must keep inside marked beach areas” to “Swimmers must keep inside marked swimming areas”, #12
-Replace “Lifeguards” with “beach staff”, #14
-Remove “Patrons are allowed to use approved grills in open spaces”, #18
-Remove “in any park”, #19
-Changed “Non-resident Day Passes are not sold on the Weekends or Holidays” to “Restrictions apply to the sale of Non-Resident Day and Season Passes, as determined seasonally by the Park Commission”, #20
-Added note, “The Park Commission reserves the right to update and or alter rules and regulations at any time.”
-Added #22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28