RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Flotation devices such as tubes, rafts, swimming aides, etc..., will not be allowed in the water with the exception of United States Coast Guard (USCG) certified Personal Floatation Devices (PFDs) according to type (I, II, III), size, and buoyancy. All PFDs must be in a serviceable condition prior to use. Any child 12 years of age or younger wearing an approved PFD must be accompanied by an Adult in the water at all times.
2. No snorkels, swim fins, scuba gear are allowed in the water.
3. No pets or any other animals are allowed on the beach or in the water during hours of operation
4. Sharp or breakable objects are not allowed on the beach or in the water.
5. Playing with, in or around lifeboats, surfboards or other emergency equipment is strictly forbidden.
6. There will be no fishing in designated swim areas.
7. Operation, launching or landing of motorized boats, motorized watercraft, etc. is not permitted on the facility.
8. Games of catch can be halted at the discretion of the beach staff for safety reasons.
9. No kicking of sand and any rough or dangerous play will be permitted on the beach or in the water.
10. Any person destroying or damaging beach or recreation and park land will be held accountable.
11. Bicycles, motorcycles, or any type of automobile are not allowed on the beach.
12. Bathers must keep inside marked beach areas.
13. Water shall be cleared during electrical and other storms.
14. All accidents, thefts, etc., shall be reported to lifeguards immediately.
15. The Town is not responsible for personal articles left on the beach.
16. No solicitation is allowed without a special concession permit from the Town of Hudson - Executive Assistant.
17. The consumption or possession of intoxicating beverages and/or narcotics is prohibited on Town Property.
18. Open fires are strictly prohibited on park property. Patrons are allowed to use approved grills in open spaces.
19. The use of threatening, abusive, insulting, or indecent language, as well as any obscene or indecent act, including fighting, in any park is strictly prohibited.
20. No Smoking on Beach or any municipal-owned and/or municipal-maintained parks, trails, and athletic fields. This is a campus wide regulation and includes the Beach Parking lot as well. Violators are subject to $100 minimum fine. Board of Health regulation adopted February 2014.
Violations of any of the above rules will result in suspension of the violators rights to enter or use the beach for a certain time to be set by the Recreation Division depending on the violation.
Amended by P.C.- July 15, 2002 to include motorized crafts and surrounding Town property.
Amended by P.C. – September 20, 2011 to include #20 – No Smoking on Beach
Amended by P.C. – May 21, 2013, #1 – Floatation Devices (Christian’s Law)
Revised July 1, 2014 to be in compliance with Board of Health regulations - #20
Amended by P.C. – August 5, 2014 - #2 – remove prohibiting masks.
Amended by P.C – May 19, 2017 – Grammatical changes